Year in Review
It is hard for me to believe that as I write this it is January 5th. I feel like I missed the whole New Years Eve/ Day period all together as Kevin and I were moving last week. Moving is exhausting, time consuming and always more work than you think it is . . . all of these attributes could describe us just one week ago when we were frantically trying to get the last things unpacked into boxes before the moving truck showed up at our door on Monday morning.
So, in the spirit of a New Year's letter- I wanted to offer this "Year in Review" blog as my last contribution to Another Year in the Life before this blog says its final goodbye.
2008 has been an exciting and monumental year for Kevin and me! I would count it among the best years of my life thus far.
Why?
1. Lots of fun travel.
Whether it was a weekend trip to NYC or an adventure with the family down south, or even just a day trip out of town-- this year for us has been one of lots of opportunities to meet new people and explore parts of our community with family and friends that mean so much to us. I would also add that our November Argentina experience was one of the best. You just can't beat the chance to travel internationally with friends by your side. And, I have a great travel partner in Kevin. We navigate an airport well together (which is one of the reasons I knew I could marry him).
2. Celebrating our first wedding anniversary.
Everyone told us that the first year of marriage would be among the worst. But, while there was an adjustment period of sorts to being permanent life partners (and I think we'll be adjusting to each other as we grow and change for the rest of our lives), all has been well. I count my blessings every day to be married to someone who is an amazing listener, enjoys vegging on the couch as much as I do among other things I enjoy, and who is an all-around outstanding husband.
3. Being called to be the senior pastor of Washington Plaza Baptist Church.
Need I say more? Wow! I'm still on a high about it all. My dream of preaching regularly and leading a congregation came true in 2008. Even as multitudes of people including mentors told me that such an opportunity was not possible at my age, God connected me with a congregation that thought differently. I count November 2, 2008 as a day I will remember the rest of my life. A church extended me a call to be their pastor that I felt called to as well! I felt like I won the lottery with this opportunity and particular community . . . a blessing I do not take lightly.
4. December!
I am so thankful that I had time and the means to take the time off in December. Minus the packing, it was a wonderful month of rest, reflection and time with family and friends. I spent a whole week away at Christmas time (something that will not happen again, I'm sure for a long time!). It was a great couple of weeks to remember that workaholics are not really living fully as they think they are. It is those who are willing to take the time to listen to their own life rhythms.
-----------------------------
And as I begin my new job in my new house this week, I will say farewell to blogging in the forum as it currently stands. This journey of "Another Year in Life" is now over. I can no longer tell my story in the same way for so much is new! I will post later on this week about my new blog address connected to my new ministry, so you can continue to follow my saga if you would like.
Thanks for being interested in my narration over the past three years. It has been nice to know that you've been reading wherever you are out there.
Many blessings to you all in this New Year!
So, in the spirit of a New Year's letter- I wanted to offer this "Year in Review" blog as my last contribution to Another Year in the Life before this blog says its final goodbye.
2008 has been an exciting and monumental year for Kevin and me! I would count it among the best years of my life thus far.
Why?
1. Lots of fun travel.
Whether it was a weekend trip to NYC or an adventure with the family down south, or even just a day trip out of town-- this year for us has been one of lots of opportunities to meet new people and explore parts of our community with family and friends that mean so much to us. I would also add that our November Argentina experience was one of the best. You just can't beat the chance to travel internationally with friends by your side. And, I have a great travel partner in Kevin. We navigate an airport well together (which is one of the reasons I knew I could marry him).
2. Celebrating our first wedding anniversary.
Everyone told us that the first year of marriage would be among the worst. But, while there was an adjustment period of sorts to being permanent life partners (and I think we'll be adjusting to each other as we grow and change for the rest of our lives), all has been well. I count my blessings every day to be married to someone who is an amazing listener, enjoys vegging on the couch as much as I do among other things I enjoy, and who is an all-around outstanding husband.
3. Being called to be the senior pastor of Washington Plaza Baptist Church.
Need I say more? Wow! I'm still on a high about it all. My dream of preaching regularly and leading a congregation came true in 2008. Even as multitudes of people including mentors told me that such an opportunity was not possible at my age, God connected me with a congregation that thought differently. I count November 2, 2008 as a day I will remember the rest of my life. A church extended me a call to be their pastor that I felt called to as well! I felt like I won the lottery with this opportunity and particular community . . . a blessing I do not take lightly.
4. December!
I am so thankful that I had time and the means to take the time off in December. Minus the packing, it was a wonderful month of rest, reflection and time with family and friends. I spent a whole week away at Christmas time (something that will not happen again, I'm sure for a long time!). It was a great couple of weeks to remember that workaholics are not really living fully as they think they are. It is those who are willing to take the time to listen to their own life rhythms.
-----------------------------
And as I begin my new job in my new house this week, I will say farewell to blogging in the forum as it currently stands. This journey of "Another Year in Life" is now over. I can no longer tell my story in the same way for so much is new! I will post later on this week about my new blog address connected to my new ministry, so you can continue to follow my saga if you would like.
Thanks for being interested in my narration over the past three years. It has been nice to know that you've been reading wherever you are out there.
Many blessings to you all in this New Year!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home