Time to Celebrate
Well, it is official: I have a job! I can hardly believe that I am now employed beginning work at the end of this month. I am going to be in an associate pastor role at First Baptist Gaithersburg, MD. (Check out their website and see a picture of their building below). My official title will be Pastor of Education and Youth. Exciting things about this position are the fact that I will get to work alongside a very creative team of pastors and get to share general pastoral responsibilities with the rest of the staff. Plus, I get to remain in the area of the country that I love!
I preached a "call sermon" yesterday based on the lectionary passage of Mark 10:17-31 and was voted in via a secret ballot after the service. It was a new experience-- I've never preached for a vote before. But, in the end all was well and I feel very affirmed by this congregation.
I also will be ordained to the gospel ministry on November 4th at Calvary Baptist Church in Washington, DC at 2 pm which will occur during my first week of work.
Change is in the air around here. It's kind of scary of course, but what I've been working toward for a long time. It has been worth the wait!
I preached a "call sermon" yesterday based on the lectionary passage of Mark 10:17-31 and was voted in via a secret ballot after the service. It was a new experience-- I've never preached for a vote before. But, in the end all was well and I feel very affirmed by this congregation.
I also will be ordained to the gospel ministry on November 4th at Calvary Baptist Church in Washington, DC at 2 pm which will occur during my first week of work.
Change is in the air around here. It's kind of scary of course, but what I've been working toward for a long time. It has been worth the wait!

7 Comments:
At 12:11 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Elizabeth, I am so pleased the Lord has called you to serve Him in His church at Gaithersburg. I pray you will have many wonderful days of service for Him! Father
At 4:18 PM ,
Unknown said...
Praise God that you will be serving in Gaithersburg and that you will be ordained. Yea! And yes it is exciting and scary.
At 8:50 PM ,
Anonymous said...
God is stll good
I knew he would open
the right door. I am
so glad to see how
he is and continues to
answer my prayers for you!
At 12:25 PM ,
A. Lin said...
Wow! What great news! I hope God blesses your ministry at First Baptist Gaithersburg.
At 9:57 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Congratulations Elizabeth! I am so excited for you. I look forward to reading about your adventures in ministry :-)
At 5:23 AM ,
Will said...
Hi Elizabeth
I'm very happy that you found a church home and doing GOD will. Also found a job as well. I thank you for being part of Calvary and shairing your life to all of us. That Calvary Baptist will miss you and you know that the door is away open. My GOD alway bless you and keep you my his face shine upon you and give you pace.
You're Friend
Will
At 9:36 AM ,
Anonymous said...
HEY! We are neighbors! I live in the G'burg area too! Let's get acquainted IRL.
And congrats - FBCG is a nice place!
Deb
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home