Ten Thoughts for Thursday
1. If you were a person with no connection to a church would you call them to ask for a pastor that could: "Could you please interpret John 9:4-5?" (This happened to me yesterday and I spent 30 minutes on the phone having spontaneous Sunday School with this women I didn't know).
2. I really do hate it when my husband travels or I'm away from home at conferences alone. I'm counting the days until he comes home from his latest trip for work!
3. If you are working with a younger pastor it is never a good idea to tell them when he or she walks into a room: "Wow, you look like a kid!" (This happened to me on Monday when I was doing a funeral for someone I'd never met. I hope that as I opened my mouth during the sermon time she felt I wasn't such of a kid).
4. I think the Olympic coverage is a drug. The more I watch the more I want to watch and the less sleep I'm getting each day.
5. There is joy to be found for a former teacher and a school supply lover at Staples. (I took a trip there one day this week at lunchtime and it cheered me for the rest of the day. Oh the smell of new school supplies . . . even though I wasn't buying any).
6. Never underestimate the power of remembering someone's birthday-- no matter what we tell others, we always want to know that others remember our date of birth and want to celebrate us.
7. There is something weird about chatting with someone on Facebook (technology has gone just a little too far), but I seem to love it.
8. When you are in a profession where you have to pay quarterly taxes, it is best to write down on your calendar when you have to pay them. Otherwise, you might find yourself like me, paying them two months late. (But I guess the government will never refuse money!)
9. Oh, how I wish I would have taken grammar lessons more seriously in school. I could kick myself every day that I'm starring at my computer pondering the difference between affect and effect.
10. I have come to the conclusion that I really do hate exercise and love my couch. Yet, the goal is to love exercise one day or at least do it more than I sit on my couch.
2. I really do hate it when my husband travels or I'm away from home at conferences alone. I'm counting the days until he comes home from his latest trip for work!
3. If you are working with a younger pastor it is never a good idea to tell them when he or she walks into a room: "Wow, you look like a kid!" (This happened to me on Monday when I was doing a funeral for someone I'd never met. I hope that as I opened my mouth during the sermon time she felt I wasn't such of a kid).
4. I think the Olympic coverage is a drug. The more I watch the more I want to watch and the less sleep I'm getting each day.
5. There is joy to be found for a former teacher and a school supply lover at Staples. (I took a trip there one day this week at lunchtime and it cheered me for the rest of the day. Oh the smell of new school supplies . . . even though I wasn't buying any).
6. Never underestimate the power of remembering someone's birthday-- no matter what we tell others, we always want to know that others remember our date of birth and want to celebrate us.
7. There is something weird about chatting with someone on Facebook (technology has gone just a little too far), but I seem to love it.
8. When you are in a profession where you have to pay quarterly taxes, it is best to write down on your calendar when you have to pay them. Otherwise, you might find yourself like me, paying them two months late. (But I guess the government will never refuse money!)
9. Oh, how I wish I would have taken grammar lessons more seriously in school. I could kick myself every day that I'm starring at my computer pondering the difference between affect and effect.
10. I have come to the conclusion that I really do hate exercise and love my couch. Yet, the goal is to love exercise one day or at least do it more than I sit on my couch.

1 Comments:
At 7:11 PM ,
A. Lin said...
Ok, about affect/effect: I learned this neumonic device yesterday....
Remember
Affect
Verb
Effect
Noun
That spells RAVEN.
I wish I had learned that one years ago.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home