Back at Camp Part II
I am writing today from a college near Boston where our youth are doing the camp thing for the week. They'll be in Bible study groups with close to 300 other kids from other churches and doing service projects in the community in the afternoon. At night, there will be interestingly planned worship services and other activities to keep them engaged. All along, the hope is that the kids learn more about how they can have a larger perspective on their world and engage their lives in meaningful service.
We arrived here safely yesterday afternoon and everyone seems pretty excited to be here. The youth are easily making friends from other churches.
One problem, though, NO air conditioning in the dorm rooms! Gotta love the northeast! It is day two and the adults and myself are already tired. (At least we'll burn some extra calories with all the sweat). We're hoping we make it back home in one piece on Saturday.
More later about all our adventures as I enjoy yet another week of camp :) Can you tell I'm having a busy summer?

1 Comments:
At 4:06 PM ,
xxx said...
Send along all of your cool camp ice breakers, games and activities. I will sure need them as I plan camp here in the city!
Smooches...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home