Another Year in the Life

I'm a twenty something associate pastor at a Baptist church, newly married who loves to share my narrative with others according to my friends. I find joy in writing even though I readily admit that I'm a horrible speller (pardon my errors). Come journey through my reflections of life, work and faith. This year is bound to be interesting, I know!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Holiday that Lives On

Previously, I wrote about how wonderful my Valentine's Day was this year. As a part of this celebratory day, my sweet husband brought home flowers and Valentine's Day balloons. I enjoyed having the flowers around for a couple weeks but of course they died somewhere between week 1 and 2. I placed the balloons up in our house as well, expecting that they would follow in a similar pattern. I've never received balloons that have a life beyond a month or two.

However, I think Kevin brought home super balloons! Currently it is May 29 and they are still floating around with lots of air still left.
So, while it seems weird to still have Vday balloons in our house in nearly June, I refuse to pop them. I'm hoping they last even longer than I expect.
Not to be sappy or anything, but what a fun reminder of the happiness of marriage in our first year. . . .
I'll let you know how long the balloons live. Kevin and I have a bet going about it. We'll see who wins. . . .

1 Comments:

  • At 10:36 AM , Blogger Natalie said...

    No shame in Valentine's day balloons in May. If they ever loose all the air just tack them up to the ceiling with a push pin. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home