The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
If you know me well, you realize that Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love the idea of families and friends coming together and sharing a common meal of thanks. I love the family traditions that are associated for me with the day. The friends of mine who have been subjected to my collection of Thanksgiving videos know some of these traditions far too well. And, I love all the great food served, of course (which includes ice cream turkeys from Baskin Robins).I am so glad that I get to spend Thanksgiving with my family again this year in Florida! It is the only time of year that I often see some of my uncles, aunts and cousins on my mother's side of the family. I'm glad my new work schedule allowed for some time off to be with them.
Although Thanksgiving is not an offical religious holiday, I feel like it is for it is a wonderful time of the year to take stock of one's blessings and thank God for evidence of grace in your life over the last year. We did this activity last night at church. I was leading in the service and didn't have time to write down very much. So, here is my list: this year, I am very thankful for . . .
- My family and their health and happiness
- Friends and a boyfriend who have stood by me through all the transitions of this year and love me even still
- Being a part of such a dynamic, international city
- Church families old and new
- The fact that after a long struggle I was ordained at Calvary Baptist Church in DC several weeks ago
- The opportunity to serve as a pastor at a diverse and open minded Baptist community of faith
- My spacious new home and the opportunity to get to share it with others
- And all the little things that make life in Elizabeth world happy: means of communication like email, Gilmore Girls, road trips to visit dear friends, Diet Coke, rides on the Metro, movies that make me loaf on the couch for awhile, and my new obsession with Direct TV.
What about you?

4 Comments:
At 11:05 PM ,
Anonymous said...
I am thankful God uses you in my life!
At 11:56 PM ,
Unknown said...
Hey Happy Thanksgiving at this wonderful time of the year.
And don't forget its Happy Thanksgiving Delurking week at revgalblogpals.
(0)
At 7:19 AM ,
Anonymous said...
I understand exactly what you mean: I love rides on the Metro, too! :-)
At 1:47 PM ,
LutheranChik said...
Happy Delurking Week...a wonderful list of things to be thankful for! (o)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home